My felt-a-vessel-a-day personal challenge in June came out OK, overall. I made 19 small felt pots. I thought about how I can make, consistently and frequently. I thought about what to make next. Probably pots; I liked making them and I still like idea of a series of pots, of a theme to guide the making.
While making pots, it dawned on me that my workspace had become cluttered, and it had become distracting. Although much of my stuff -- tools, fleece, cloth -- was neatly boxed, there was just too much of it around and works in progress were getting lost, or there wasn't room to lay out a large project. So, painful as it was, I moved A LOT of boxes, books, and shelving down to the basement of my home, leaving relatively empty workspaces in the main living area of my home. They are now happier and calmer places.
Clearing out the upstairs opened up a sunny spot in my living room for taking product pictures, with enough space to maneuver around the tripod, light reflectors (just foam-core boards), and the dressmaking form that I drape the shawls on. A Boston Art Makers friend, Susanne of Enchanted Hue, joined me for my first photo shoot last week, and it was a really good learning experience: how to set up everything, what to do when if you are modeling your work (do not wear your nightshirt, even if it is the only dark piece of clothing handy), considering photo composition. With a ready space for taking pictures (and a new camera that can take high-quality pictures), I can update the shop site, a task long overdue, and now the current problem to address.
The clearing and sorting unlodged some lovely Coopworth fleece that I'd like to work with next. Now at least I can find everything I need.